You are here Home Post Irma Information
City Council voted to allow both corrugated and flat vinyl sea walls in the city, which may be a cheaper alternative to the traditional precast concrete panel sea walls. The Engineering Design Standards are in the process of being revised.
CANAL DEBRIS CLEANUP:
All canal debris is being processed at a storage site located just south of Diplomat Parkway and just east of Burnt Store road. The debris will be chipped into mulch and the site is expected to be cleaned up by March 1.
WASTE PRO/TRASH PICKUP:
Trash/recycling/yard waste must meet the following guidelines for Waste Pro pickup.
SEARCHING FOR LICENSED CONTRACTORS:
The City of Cape Coral urges residents to follow the instructions below to search for licensed contractors online or call the City’s Code Compliance Division at (239)574-0613 to verify whether a contractor has the appropriate licensing prior to signing any contracts and/or paying for services.
To search for a licensed contractor online please use the City's eTRAKIT database.
1. Select "Search Contractors" under the "Contractor" menu option.
2. In the "Search By" drop down menu choose license type or company name.
3. Leave "contains" in the search option.
4. Enter the license type (e.g. plumbing, roofing) or the company name in the empty search box and click "Search".
5. THE CONTRACTOR'S STATUS IS ONLY CURRENT IF THE STATUS COLUMN INDICATES ACTIVE. If the status column is any thing other than active the license is NOT current.
**EXAMPLE: To search for a licensed contractor for seawall or other marine repairs/improvements enter "marine" as the license type in the empty search box**
REPORTING UNLICENSED CONTRACTORS:
To report an unlicensed contractor performing work in the City of Cape Coral, call (239) 242-3873 or send an email to email@example.com.