Thank you for visiting the Web Site of the City of Cape Coral's City Auditor’s Office.
This site reflects the City Auditor's efforts to communicate with the citizens of Cape Coral and internal auditing practitioners around the world. We will provide on-line users with current information on our accomplishments, sources of industry literature that guide our day-to-day operations and a way for you to communicate with us. The City Auditor is appointed by and reports directly to the Mayor and City Council.
For the City Auditor’s Office to work in partnership with the City Council, City Management and the Community without compromising independence, objectivity or integrity with the purpose of achieving an audit product that adds value and that supports the strategic initiatives of the City.
Use the resources of the City Auditor’s Office to provide assurance and consulting services in a systematic and disciplined manner. Ensure that our services are designed to promote the effectiveness and efficiency of City operations, internal controls and governance processes.
Goals and Objectives:
- Ensure independence and objectivity is maintained in all audit services provided
- Adhere to generally accepted auditing standards as outlined in the Yellow book and Red book
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Utilize risk assessment as a tool to maximize the effectiveness of the office’s efforts
- Promote the efficient and effective use of our office resources